The Railway Station
At the 23rd April in 1910 the small train railway-line Soltau-Wietzendorf-Bergen was opened. In 1944 the society of the railway was taken over by the “Osthannoversche Eisenbahnen (OHE). Since passenger traffic became uneconomical after the Second World War, the small train railway-line was only in use for goods transportation. Until 2001 the railway restaurant remained open for customers. But for reasons of age its financial carrier had to close it down. Since February 2002 there has been a day nursery for kids under the age of three in the former restaurant.