The Town-hall, the Square and Outbuildings
During the renewal of the city of Wietzendorf, the town-hall and its premises were put into a new shape. The building, kept in good knick by the Meyer-family who had run a restaurant and a grain-salary, was erected at approximately 1860. From 1970 onwards, the community of Wietzendorf used the building as the town-hall, a police station and the tourist information centre. The facade was renovated gingerly, so that the original character of the building as the centre of the village remained intact. Indoors, the town-hall was adapted to the requirements of a modern administration department. Today, 17 committed employees work in the town-hall. Furthermore, the police-station with two employees is still part of that building. The reading room in the town-hall, honorary of the Peetshof Association, also contributes to reviving the premises.
The Town-hall Square
As part of the works carried out on the town-hall square, the old barn, in Wietzendorf commonly known as the "Schluckmühle”, was taken down. At this place, a small square, and in front of the main entrance of the town-hall a larger one replaced the old set-out. Both squares are connected by an axis. The squares were adopted well by the public, so numerous events take place at this location. Due to the red clinker used for the pavement the common name for the square is the "Red Square". The six erratics symbolize the six foreign communities Bockel, Marbostel, Meinholz, Reddingen, Suroide and Wietzendorf, which constitute the community of Wietzendorf today.
The Town-hall Outbuildings
The outbuildings of the town-hall were used as a farming trade building before 1990. After the reconstruction, today there is a snack-bar and a shop selling attractive applied arts.